There are so many diets that claim to help you lose weight – Atkins diet, South Beach diet, Tomato diet, just to name a few. Another one is the Copenhagen diet, which is also called the Royal Danish Hospital diet, although there’s no evidence to suggest it has Danish origins. According to the claims, any person who follows this diet can drop between 11 and 26 pounds in less than two weeks… so long as it’s properly followed.
COPENHAGEN DIET: HOW DOES THIS DIET WORK?
If you follow this diet, the weight drops significantly fast because of the huge decrease in carbohydrates and fats you’re no longer eating. You’re also consuming around 600 calories a day. With the Copenhagen diet, you no longer eat foods like:
- Cereal products
However, you can consume the following foods:
This diet is extremely useful to women who want to decrease the size of their body. Now, doctors and other medical professionals say the Copenhagen diet isn’t a healthy diet to follow and, with the elimination of certain foods, it’s not considered a well-balanced diet.
WHAT ARE THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE ASPECTS OF THE COPENHAGEN DIET
It must be stated that all diets have their negative points to them – the Copenhagen diet isn’t a stranger to this. So, what are the negative points to this diet?
- You don’t get all the nutrients you need, making it hard to focus at what you’re doing. You will become irritable, weak and sleepy.
- You’ll feel hungry constantly, decreasing your ability to concentrate. Constantly drinking water and different types of tea can help with this problem.
- It can cause bowel and kidney diseases.
Who should not use this diet? Any person who need to do physical or mental work is advised not to use a low-calorie diet like the Copenhagen diet. Anybody who is sick or who has just gotten better from being sick should not use it. It can lead to a weakened immune system and boost the possibility of getting sick again.
Those are the negative aspects to the diet. As for the positive ones:
- The weight won’t come back after it’s lost, meaning you don’t have the “yo-yo effect”.
- It increases the body’s metabolism and lost fats won’t return for two years. The results you get are flattering after you do the diet again later on.
- Women who use the diet find it decreases the amount of cellulite they have.