Going on banana diet for weight loss is definitely good for you, who does not love bananas! Whether you are a fruit lover or not, this is one fruit which you can enjoy in a variety of forms: in breads, in desserts, in smoothies or by simply munching on them just as they are.
WHAT EXACTLY IS THE BANANA DIET?
In the Banana diet, you actually replace some of the food you eat, with bananas. This diet is easy to follow as you actually have a few bananas in the morning and can eat whatever you want throughout the day. The good thing is that you just have to follow this diet for 3 to 4 days and you can easily lose up to 8 pounds while following it.
The best thing about this diet is that you do not have to eat all those boring and tasteless dishes and you can actually satisfy your sweet tooth as well. Bananas are also known to increase the levels of serotonin inside your body, and this is why you actually feel satisfied while following this diet.
THE BANANA DIET PLAN
Take a glass of lukewarm water on empty stomach first thing in the morning. Take a few bananas after 10 minutes. Make sure that you should feel satisfied after eating the bananas, but your stomach should not have the feeling of fullness.
You can have any meal of your choice in lunch. However, avoid processed and junk food. Rather, eat lean protein with a bowl of salad.
You can have a light snack in the evening if you are feeling hungry. You can have a few of your favorite cookies as well. However, avoid eating French fries, ice creams and donuts.
You can again eat anything you want, but it is advisable to stay away from junk and processed food. Have your dinner before 8 at night and avoid eating any type of dessert.
BENEFITS OF THE BANANA DIET:
- Bananas are rich in soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
- They curb the desire to overeat.
- Eating bananas in the breakfast and no intake of caffeine in the morning balances the sugar level of the body and thus results in lesser hunger pangs.
- Due to the increased consumption of starch, fat burning is accelerated.
DISADVANTAGES OF THE BANANA DIET:
- One tends to overeat at lunch and dinner due to unregulated consumption of food.
- This breakfast is not suitable for those suffering from hypoglycemia.
- This diet does not encourage working out.