Carrot diet is very strict and for that reason, it is recommended to follow it for no more than 3-5 days. During this weight loss diet, it is possible to lose 4-8 pounds (2-4 kg) .
The main meal of this diet plan is carrot salad.
You can prepare this salad according to the following recipe:
- Grate one large or two medium carrots
- Add juice of one lemon
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Half teaspoon of honey
- One fruit (for example apple, kiwi, grapefruit or orange)
Use this number of ingredients for one meal.
- In addition to the salad you can drink half a glass of kefir or milk, or eat one tablespoon of 10% fat cream. Milk fats will help your body to absorb nutrients and vitamins from this meal.
- During the day, drink as much as you want green tea (without sugar) or water.
- It is preferable to use fresh carrots. They contain much more vitamins and nutrients compared to mature carrots. Clean carrots always with a brush, because peeling removes the particular nutritional benefits.
- Instead of salad, you can drink carrot juice for dinner.
- For the best results, you can repeat this diet periodically, but not more than once per month.
Finish your diet properly
The first day after the diet is crucial. You should eat the same carrot salad, add a small amount of meat (no more than 200g) and 1-2 boiled or baked potatoes.
In the next ten days, eat your usual meals, only limit yourself with animal fats and sweets
- Carrot is a rich source of vitamins. It contains carotene (provitamin A), D, E, K, B vitamins, ascorbic and pantothenic acid.
- Carrots with green tops contain vitamin A – an antioxidant that strengthens your immune system and plays a major role in vision, bone growth, and skin health.
- Vitamin K stimulates the removing of toxins from the body.
- Carrot is fiber-rich vegetable. You need fiber for healthy bowel function
- Carrot contains iodine, that helps to normalize the functioning of the thyroid gland.
Contraindications and cautions
Carrot diet is quite challenging. You have to chew carrots properly to avoid stomach problems. If you have diseases of gastrointestinal tract, this diet is not suitable for you.
Example diet plan for quick weight loss (4 days)
This diet lasts about four days. If you follow our recommendations, you may lose up to 8 pounds. Rules are very simple: you should eat only carrot salad, but as much as you want.
Eat carrot salad three times a day. You are allowed to drink unsweetened tea or non-carbonated mineral water. In addition to that, you can eat 1-2 fresh fruits.
Eat carrot salad three times a day, but now you can eat one small slice of rye bread with salad.
Slowly return to your usual diet, but reduce significantly consuming of sweets, flour, and fat.
Carrot diet and allergies
Another thing you should know about is an allergic reaction to eating raw carrots.
Allergy has become the disease of the century, and there are many theories about it. Some scientists believe that we make our immune system weaker with too much hygiene.
Another theory – nowadays we consume too many products with “chemicals. This theory looks more believable than the first one. Here we decide by ourselves: because no one is forced to eat food that is produced by our food industry.
Stress and fatigue are another reasons, and there is nothing to do about it. Endocrine and nervous system suffer from stress, and the body begins to respond inadequately to normal things, including typical food.
So we must not treat the actual allergy, but the entire body. Before starting this diet, it is recommended to check your reaction on a carrot.
Also, please don’t forget, that carrot accumulate nitrates in a middle part of vegetable, so it’s better to remove it. If you are not sure about how your carrots were grown, eat them in cooked form.