There are many diets designed for 7 days. It is a short and clearly defined period during which everybody can follow even an extreme diet. On the other hand, it is possible to achieve visual results, especially if you have no serious problems with extra weight, and you want to stay in fit for a special case.
Extreme diets aren’t recommended to people, who has some problems with health. If you belong to this group of people, perhaps, it is worth finding longer, but a healthier alternative.
General principles of one-week diets
- Full or almost complete removal of salt. You can exclude salt for a short period without any consequences for health
- Extremely low caloric intake
- If you lose weight quickly, most likely, you will also regain it back quickly too
- Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed. It is just one more way to reduce caloric intake
- Based on one or two products: buckwheat, rice, cabbage, bananas, etc.
- No junk food
Such diets look like extended fasting days. Surprisingly, but it is possible to lose up to 20 pounds (10 kg) per week. Such diets are designed for dehydration, complete emptying of the bowel (including the partial elimination of the intestinal microflora).
Therefore, once you return to your usual diet, you almost certainly will regain back lost weight. However, there are healthier methods based on the weekly diets. They promise you will lose around 2-6 pounds (1-3 kg) in a week.
To do this, you need to eat fewer calories per day than your body burns. To lose 1 kg in a week, you need a negative calorie balance of 500 calories per day. So calculate you daily intake and prepare food according to this calories number “Daily intake”-500 calories.
Other rules are:
- Reduce salt intake
- Consume at least 1.5 liters of water
- Eat protein at every meal
- Eliminate flour, sweets, fried foods, and alcohol
- Arrange five meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks with salads or fruits
- Eliminate fast food
- Regular physical activity
Otherwise, make the menu based on your eating habits, but use only healthy products for that. Just remember the closer your diet to hungry mode, the greater risk of failure.
If you have weak willpower, you can alternate a fasting week with a feed week.
This method will help you to break the psychological barrier, move from a dead point and minimize the weight gain.
After 3-4 session of this rotations, you will experience how you lose weight during fasting weeks. This will help you to decide on a longer weight loss diet plan.
This technique is often used by professional nutritionists when dealing with difficult patients. Short diets give the opportunity to try a new way of living. It is much easier to encourage a person to change its’ diet for 7 days than for a whole life. When a person sees positive changes happening in his life, he will be happy to stay on a healthy way of living.