It is not a secret that store-bought juices are not very healthy. They may contain preservatives, sugar and flavor enhancers. Homemade canned juices are safe, but they may not be good enough because cooking destroys most of the vitamins. The best alternative is to use freshly squeezed juices or drinks that are known as the trendy word “fresh.” These freshly squeezed juices are the real storehouse of vitamins and minerals, in their most digestible form. Also it is known that proper use of fresh juices can help treat a variety of health conditions, even those that previously were cured only by surgery.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Why should you drink juice when you can simply eat fresh fruit or a vegetable? Why are fresh juices so beneficial? If you want to be sure, that your body absorbs necessary amount of nutrients and vitamins, you need to eat more than one apple, orange or carrot. On top of that, juice contains nothing heavy for digestion and gives almost instant and powerful effect. Because of that, the use of juice is priceless.
However, sometimes your body can react badly to some specific components of the juice. For example, if you have diseases of the digestive system or circulatory system, be ready to drink fresh juices carefully. Otherwise, you can only worsen the situation.
What Fresh Juices Are The Most Effective?
The most typical question is what juices should I drink to get the best result of this therapy? You don’t want just to quench your thirst, do you? Also, some vegetables and fruits are quite expensive.
Unfortunately, it is hard to choose the best one because every fruit has a unique composition of vitamins and minerals. Although, of course, the most favorited juices are traditional apple and orange-carrot juice.
It is even better to say that advatage of fresh juice (just one fruit or a mix of them) depends on more on how you drink it.
The proper way of drinking juices
- Sweet fruit juice is recommended to drink no more than 1 cup a day, unsweetened or vegetable juice – up to 3 cups.
- If you have low stomach acid level you should drink juice an hour before eating and one hour after.
- Don’t consume fresh juice on an empty stomach. For example, immediately after waking up – drink warm water, tea and eat yogurt. Only after half an hour you can drink the juice.
- Remember that the juice keeps its useful benefits about half an hour (except of beet juice that needs to stay in the fridge for 2-3 hours), and therefore you should drink it immediately after squeezing
- Don’t drink juice during your breakfast, lunch or dinner, there is a risk of fermentation, gas, bloating, flatulence and diarrhea.
- Do not add salt or sugar. Sometimes it’s allowed to add some honey, but it is better to eat it separately.
Try different combination of fruits and vegetables, experiment a bit and you will find your unique recipe for a healthy living.